VANWYKSDORP – REMEMBER NO DIESEL – NO PETROL – FILL UP AT THE CLOSEST TOWN
PLACES TO STAY
- 4 x 4 and tent camping site on the Groot River (bathroom, kitchen and barbecue facilities available). Contact Jennifer Hewitt – 079 1664449
- Going back in time. Visit the old watermill on the farm. 3km out of town in mountains. New renovated clay/straw cottages – Contact Tanya 072 469 0495
- Skilpad Manor House in town. Sleeps 8. Ideal for kids with swimming pool. Outside barbecue area. Contact Ryk Rossouw at 082 450 3719.
- Sionshoogte 5km out of town – 4 x Self catering Cottages – Contact Nellie at 082 966 5238
- Klapperbos Self Catering in town – Contact Jack Lewis at 082 467 1621
- Rooiberg Lodge Self Catering cottages – 7km out of town. Contact Anke at 082 570 8906 www.rooiberglodge.co.za
PLACES TO EAT
VANWYKSDORP MALL COFFEE SHOP. Open on weekends for toasties, breakfast, pies, quiches, milkshakes, smoothies and much more. Hendrik and Ruway will be your host. During the week we do take away food and drinks for sit down outside the patio
SPEKBOOM Coffee/restaurant/sports bar in town (licensed). Open Tuesdays – Sundays and holidays. Contact Amanda at 072 088 6737
ROOIBERG LODGE – 7km out of town. .
BUSINESSES IN TOWN
- Liquor stores in town at the Stop Café and Twaksak. No Petrol or Diesel available. Bank facilities available from Stop Café and Twaksak (if money is available).
- VANWYKSDORP MALL – for clothing, shoes, hardware, gifts and many more. Contact Heidi at 082 978 4863
- Heidi de Kock Properties – office in Mall – or contact Heidi at 082 978 4863
- (if any problems with above numbers – please feel free to contact me, Heidi at 082 978 4863 )
- Ladismith Hospital at 028-551 1010.
- Ambulance 10177
- Riversdale Hospital at 028-713-2445
For any other information contact Heidi at 082 978 4863 or my husband – Almon at 082 559 6867